Doctor Henry Weekes MD was born in Wood Street, Brompton, in about 1844. He was the son of Henry Weekes MD (1814-1868) and Alice Weekes (nee Kennard, 1814-1877).
In 1851 he lived with his family 3 Wood Street, next door to the Highlander Pub (later the Crown). During the 1850s his family moved to Mansion House in Mansion Row and in 1861 he is listed as a medical pupil at 1 Mansion Row. In 1866 he married Harriet Holman in East Sussex and may have been practicing there. His father died in 1868 and he inherited the house and the practice, although his son, Henry Holman Weekes (1869-1951) was born in Sussex so he may not have returned to Brompton immediately. In 1871 he is listed at 1 Mansion Row and he is a Medical Practitioner.
Harriet died in 1878, and in 1879 he married Lucy Arkoll (c1850-1924). By 1881 the house appears as 15 Mansion Row and as a General Practitioner, Medical Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (he had not moved, the numbering of Mansion Row had been reversed in 1881).
In 1891 he was still at Mansion House, and was listed as Medical Practitioner (Surg.). He died on the 27th January 1896 and left his house and practice to his son Henry Holman Weekes. Henry Holman Weekes carried on the practice at Mansion House until at least 1901, but by 1903 the practice had been taken over by John G.C. Taunton. For the first time in almost 70 years there was no Dr. Henry Weekes in Brompton.