In this section learn about the various streets of Brompton. Choose from the links below to find out more.
Originally a cul-de-sac running south from Wood Street.
Originally a path across open fields.
Named for the fruit gardens (orchards) of Westcourt Manor.
A row of 8 brick tenements built by James Hickes in 1746.
Wood Street is now the main trunk route through Brompton.
Westcourt Street Roof Collapse
This list of locations in Brompton contains ‘official’ names for the various streets, alleys, courts and other landmarks.
In about 1880/1 the numbering of several of Brompton’s streets was changed.